Monday, October 13, 2008

Isn't It?

Jake Schisler- I don't know if you remember the people here always saying isn't it at the end of their sentences. It's the most random thing. They will say, " But you painted that, isn't it?" It's almost a substitute for 'havent you', or 'right'. You can also explain something to them, like a painting technique and their response is 'isn't it'. Strange.

It's funny- yesterday I was at an outlying church and I look over to the lady sitting next to me who was...................breast feeding her baby and her boob was hanging right out of her shirt the entire time. RIGHT NEXT TO ME! Oh my gosh, I felt so awkward. The baby wasn't even young- he could walk and was eating an apple. talk about gross. I mean if she was hot.... nawww. The funny part was, no one else seemed to be fazed by it- it was like it was a normal thing. All the older ladies were making guchi guchi goo faces that the suckling babe.

Anyways, I got a girlfriend proposal from a 14 year old. Needless to say, I am a stud here. It's surprising, I have a 23 year old friend named Simba who is dating and 'in love' with a 16 year old. BUT the whole culture is different because of AIDS and the promiscuity among the people. He said if he went after a girl any older she would be "lucky to not have a baby." And it's true. Today, I saw a young girl- school age- with a baby. Almost all the young women have a baby attached to their back. It's crazy.

Well, it's 9:05 pm here and that means it is almost my bedtime. I go to sleep so early- it is like I am an adult... oh wait I am....sort of.

until next time.

No comments: