Tuesday, September 23, 2008

You are Ikhewzi!

I assume from the comments I have recieved that people read this- but I think I will write like no one does.

We are still on the roof and it is frustrating- I would very much like to be doing some building or demolition. BUT we are where we are and I should try to be positive. Over this past weekened we went to East London to get some supplies. The drive was about 4 hours one way so by the time we got back we were pretty worn out. I am drinking some wine here, which is tasty but makes me sleepy. Man does it make me sleepy.

The African people stare at me. I think it's because of apartheid- but it could also very well be because of my stunning looks. nahhhhh... But they do. It's okay though- I think if I were oppressed I would stare at a person who could have oppressed me as well. As long as I don't have to throw any 'bows, everything is kosh.

We have 56 days left here- time in some instances moves slowly and others flies on by, which I suppose is a lot like life. (I don't know what that means because life is always being lived so, of course it is like life). I definitely miss home- but am enjoying my time here. President Mbeki was essentially forced out of office, which has caused some turmoil- but not much more than a ripple in the vast ocean that is African politics. Anyways, internet is more accessible than I had thought-so hopefully I can write more.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

A couple things:

1. Nice usage of "kosh".

2. If you can look at facebook, check out my new profile. I've added at least two new instances of Jim Clark in there.

3. Do you get to the internet enough to e-mail back and forth, or should I just respond the heck(haha) out of this blog. If we can e-mail, what is your address.?

4. Your blog posts are hilarious and I check your blog at least once a day.

5. They stare at you cause you are white and nerdy...and ripped. Righteous. No homo...actually yeah, homo.

6. I just realized that we could probably go to the same med school if everything went as planned. Moneyyyy.

7. My first name is Ramos. My second name, is Ramos. My name, is Ramos, Ramos.

8. Remember that time we stayed up talking to 6am because I was confused why you thought I was going to hell but we were still best friends.?


9. Do you believe if I was ninja enough I could escape from hell and come up to heaven, kidnap you, and then we both could start our own kick ass post-life dimension where all we did was go down to earth and pretend to be gay dudes, German dudes, Asian dudes, and sometimes Mr. Rogers. Oh and also make love to gorgeous babes. And by that I mean court them for an extended period of time, ask their father for their hand in marriage, and then marry them.

10. I miss you dude...it's only when you're half a world away that I turn gay and wish you were going to UVA. I'm so good at rhyming.

papa chinn said...

keep postin jimbo jango...i enjoy them. i bet the last 50 some odd days will fly by and you'll be back in my arms in no time...

Jim said...

I can't look at facebook because the internet is too slow- but keep them on so I can see them in a month and a half. I can send and receive emails- jmbo2112@vt.edu- send me some son.

If I go to med school it prob wont be until 2010. Are you going then? if so tell me where you are applying- If i can get military to pay my way that's what Im doing.

Look dude- you gotta just be ninja enough and come to church then accept it- then we can both be ninjas in heaven and we'd have to marry first before laying with women in bed- not to them- just marry each other then it's kosh