Saturday, September 20, 2008

Brrr....it's spring

It is cooooold here! Who would have thought that it would be so cold here? It is 9:00 pm on Saturday September 20. A day off! We have been scraping the roof of the church- some local Africans joined which made me glad because they are a pair of 23 year old boys. They speak enough English to share some laughs. It rained today and like I said before it is sooo cold. There is no heat in the houses so I am having to wear layers upon layers of clothes.

I haven't taken enough pictures yet- boooo- but there still is alot of time to make magic with a camera. Unfortunately, the internet isn't fast enough to upload any pics- but we may be getting a wireless card which appears to be a little faster.

In my off-time we hang out with the priest, study for the MCATs, and attend random churchy things. Like today, we went to mass dedicated to an unvieling of a tombstone, saw it at the graveyard, and went to a biiiig lunch. Now it isn't the most fun things to do, but I am going to try to be open to those sorts of things so I can grow as a person and try to be more positive. Hope all is well with you all.

No comments: